Endless Journey

The journey doesn't have to end when you arrive back home.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Nepal






Our priest just spent three weeks in Katmandu, Nepal. He stayed with a family and experienced the real Katmandu. One can spend hours on an over crowded bus going from one town to another. The roads are just as crowded and very primitive. In city limits the pollution and noise pushes one senses to the limit. Nepal is a very poor country and it shows. Why would one want to visit Nepal? Fr. Seraphim went there to meet with an ex Hindu priest who is converting to Christian Orthodoxy. The country is heavy in Hindu influence leaving Christians far and few in between. He sent daily journals back to us regarding his daily activity and it often left me with mixed feelings. On one hand the poverty and oppression makes me hesitant to go, yet on the other hand I would love to visit this country and experience all it has to offer. I found some images of Katmandu that show the beauty of the land and those that call Nepal home.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:29 PM, Blogger layne (herman) said…

    I am planning on finally getting my passport so that I may be able to go to Nepal.

     
  • At 8:25 AM, Blogger Pamela Jo said…

    Greetings in Christ,
    Would you forward Fr. Seraphim's letters from Nepal to me. I would love to read them. The photo's are awesome. It would be a life exchanging experience to go there.
    In Christ
    Theophano in Lake Chelan

     
  • At 10:46 AM, Blogger juliana said…

    I'll get right on both of those interests, the emails for you Theophano, and Herman, your passport. :+)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home